The Graduate Program in Entomology began in 2012, in full accordance with the Institutional Development Plan of UFPel, aiming to train committed professors in social, economic and technological aspects of the country.
Entomology is an area of knowledge of the Biological and Agricultural Sciences, and is of great importance to the development of professionals with critical thinking skills to solve problems related to these fields. The target audience is students with degrees in Agronomy, students with Bachelors and teaching degrees in Biology, and students with Bachelor’s degrees in Ecology and Forestry, so as to develop basic and applied research in the areas of Biology, Ecology and Agribusiness.
The Entomology Program is a partnership of UFPel/EMBRAPA, involving the Institute of Biology and the School of Agronomy, the Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, the Department of Zoology and Genetics and the Department of Plant Health, all within UFPel. The faculty has connections with various institutions of the country, working in different areas of Entomology.
The program has two lines of research within the area of concentration of Entomology: Biology and Ecology of Insects and Integrated Management of Insects.
Students with degrees in Agronomy, students with Bachelors and Licensing degrees in Biology, and students with Bachelor’s degrees in Ecology and Forestry.
Area of Concentration
Lines of Research
– Biology and Ecology of Insects;
– Integrated Management of Insects.
– Collection, Preservation and Maintenance of Insects – Prof. Dr. Edison Zefa
– Insect Breeding – Prof. Dr. Mauro Silveira Garcia
– Entomology I – Flávio Roberto de Mello Garcia
– Entomology II – Rodrigo Ferreira Krüger
– Structure and Function of Insects – Prof. Dr. Anderson Dionei Grutzmacher
– Immature insects – Prof. Dr. Elvia Elena Silveira Vianna
– Integrated Management of Pests – Prof. Dr. Ana Paula Schneid Afonso
– Seminars I – PROF. Dr. Eduardo Bernardi
– Seminars II– PROF. Dr. Eduardo Bernardi
– Taxonomy of Insects – Prof. Dr. Patrícia Thyssen
Biology and Ecology of Insects
Dr.Elvia Elena Silveira Vianna
Dr.Flávio Roberto de Mello Garcia
Dr.Paulo Bretanha Ribeiro
Dr.Rodrigo Ferreira Krüger
Dr.Uemerson Silva da Cunha
Integrated Management of Insects
Dr.Alci Enimar Loeck
Dr.Ana Paula Schneid Afonso
Dr.Anderson Dionei Grutzmacher
Dr.Dori Edson Nava
Dr.Jose Francisco da Silva Martins
Dr.Mauro Silveira Garcia